Sister Soljah
January 31, 2005
 
My struggle

Sometimes i get so frustrated within the islamic community. I can't seem to find a niche or group of people that i have a lot in common with. Either they are too modern and not religious enough or they are too religious and not modern enough. I have tried but I seriously have a hard time making friends with Muslims. I've joined email groups in an effort to find some but for the most part, I have nothing in common with most of them. When i converted to Islam, my goal was to be as close to Allah as possible and to find the heart in religion. Most of the people i know can spew out rules and rulings and hadith and all of this is important but what happened to their soul? What about seeking nearness to Him. That is my goal. This weekend I was basically told that playing soccer, hiking, etc is not for "seriously practicing Muslimah's". It bothered me a lot that someone would make a blanket statement like that and in such an arrogant manner as though know exactly what Allah wants and doesn't want. It's been this way since i converted. Women i meet always telling me what i should or shouldn't be doing. My biggest struggle is with total submission to God. That is what i am seeking. That must come first in my heart i feel. I get so sick of this stuff though. I know much of it is an effort to help, but what it does is push me away and make me feel even more alone and gives me the feeling that i will never have a group of Muslimah's to hang out with. I look at the men in the deen and how much fun they have with their friends. Why can't it be that way with us women?

Okay, now that this is off my chest, good news of the weekend. We found the perfect house for us and get this! A little lake is our backyard. It's just perfect, peaceful, and perfect for us. I hope we can get it.
 
Comments:
Dear Muslimah, Asslaam-o-alaikum
I found a reference to your blog in my son's blog "Zackvision" and couldn't help opening your blog. I am a born Muslim and 67 years old. I was never instructed by my parents to do this or that but faced uncountable persons who gave me directions. Even those who didn't pray 5 times a day directed me to pray 5 times a day while I followed the practice from my middle school or earlier days.
So, please do not be dis-appointed. Take guidance from Qur'aan-al-Hakeem and Hadith and thus you can be nearest to God and not by following people. Even Prophet Muhammad (may peace be upon him) instructed not to follow him but follow whatever he directs on direction of God.
May God guide us to the right path. Aameen.
 
Sister, your blog is in my favorite list, and I don't know why you stopped posting. let me tell you tha i am a muslim girl, from Saudi Arabi. waiting for new post.
THANX
 
Where did you find it? Interesting read fitness health icon spa Dodge dealers waterbeds brandon fl.
 
[url=http://ericbachmann.portmerch.com/stores/schemes/dingbats/color/images/john-mayer.html#1]john mayer[/url]
[url=http://ericbachmann.portmerch.com/stores/schemes/dingbats/color/images/carrie-underwood.html#2]carrie underwood[/url]
[url=http://ericbachmann.portmerch.com/stores/schemes/dingbats/color/images/robin-thicke.html#3]robin thicke[/url]
john mayer
carrie underwood
robin thicke
 
[url=http://ericbachmann.portmerch.com/stores/schemes/dingbats/color/images/john-mayer.html#1]john mayer[/url]
[url=http://ericbachmann.portmerch.com/stores/schemes/dingbats/color/images/carrie-underwood.html#2]carrie underwood[/url]
[url=http://ericbachmann.portmerch.com/stores/schemes/dingbats/color/images/robin-thicke.html#3]robin thicke[/url]
john mayer
carrie underwood
robin thicke
 
Post a Comment



<< Home
When you figure it out, tell me.

My Photo
Name:
Location: Atlanta, Georgia, United States

A recent convert to Islam...finally found what I was searching for. I am a writer and love to read and learn. I also love travelling and getting to know new cultures and ways of thinking.

ARCHIVES
02/01/2004 - 03/01/2004 / 03/01/2004 - 04/01/2004 / 04/01/2004 - 05/01/2004 / 05/01/2004 - 06/01/2004 / 06/01/2004 - 07/01/2004 / 07/01/2004 - 08/01/2004 / 08/01/2004 - 09/01/2004 / 09/01/2004 - 10/01/2004 / 10/01/2004 - 11/01/2004 / 11/01/2004 - 12/01/2004 / 12/01/2004 - 01/01/2005 / 01/01/2005 - 02/01/2005 / 02/01/2005 - 03/01/2005 /


Powered by Blogger