Sister Soljah
July 16, 2004
 
A bit down today... 
 
Feeling a bit grumpy these days.  I don't really like Georgia.  There's nothing to do here, it's HOT, muggy, and bug infested.  There's no where to go hiking and nothing natural to do.  Nowhere to pray outside unless you want to be eaten alive by bugs.  The drivers suck and intentionally try to kill you sometimes.  And most people's lives here seem to revolve around drinking and eating pork.  It doesn't help that I'm a minority here - not that this in itself bothers me, but the rudeness around it does.  I just really don't like it much here.  I do like the green, the rain, and my fiance...but I don't have friends here and without there being much to do, I'm lonely.  
 
We're going to go and try and do something fun this weekend to get me out of this funk and show me that this state has more than a defunct people that quite frankly, explain why the south didn't win the war.
 
Other thoughts:    
* I was thinking about what someone said to me last week (I don't think it was intentional, but it has stuck with me and I wish I had said something at the moment....)  A (born Muslim) woman was talking about a Muslim couple, and had said something along the lines of: "He converted to Islam, but she was a real Muslim (born Muslim)."  It bothered me that she considered a born Muslim a Muslim and a convert not.  What does that make us?  Fake Muslims?  Actions define us and deeds, not necessarily a title or identity.    
 
* Fiance's Mom just called him to tell him how much she likes me and how sweet I am.  Also that she loves me and misses me.  Man my parents don't call me ever.  What did I do to deserve such a great family when I feel less than worthy most of the time?   I guess i no longer have to worry whether or not she liked me...that about says it all.  How lucky am i?    
 
* I'm glad it's Friday!  
 
Bushism of the day: "Laura and I really don't realize how bright our children is sometimes until we get an objective analysis."  CNBC, April 15, 2000  
 
Uplifting Hadith of the day: Allah does not look at (value) your faces and nor your wealth, but He looks at your hearts and your practices."  Imam Ali (Biharul Anwar, Vol 77, pg 88  
 
Scary Hadith of the day: "One who postpones and delays the performing of Hajj (having got it's capacity) till the time he dies.  Allah will resurrect him as a jew or christian on the justice day." Imam Ali (Bihar Ul Anwar, Vol 77, pg 58  

Ayah of the day: (from Surah 16)
13. And the things on this earth which He has multiplied in varying colors (and qualities): verily in this is a Sign for men who celebrate the praises of Allah (in gratitude).
14.  It is He Who has made the sea subject that ye may eat thereof flesh that is fresh and tender and that ye may extract therefrom ornaments to wear; and thou seest the ships therein that plough the waves that ye may seek (thus) of the bounty of Allah and that ye may be grateful.
15.  And He has set up on the earth mountains standing firm lest it should shake with you; and rivers and roads; that ye may guide yourselves
16.  And marks and signposts; and by the stars (men) guide themselves.
17.  Is then He Who creates like one that creates not? Will ye not receive admonition?
18.  If ye would count up the favors of Allah never would ye be able to number them: for Allah is Oft-Forgiving Most Merciful. 
19. And Allah doth know what ye conceal and what ye reveal.
 
Comments:
Looking for information and found it at this great site... » »
 
Cool blog, interesting information... Keep it UP »
 
Very nice site! Recliner chair bed
 
Post a Comment



<< Home
When you figure it out, tell me.

My Photo
Name:
Location: Atlanta, Georgia, United States

A recent convert to Islam...finally found what I was searching for. I am a writer and love to read and learn. I also love travelling and getting to know new cultures and ways of thinking.

ARCHIVES
02/01/2004 - 03/01/2004 / 03/01/2004 - 04/01/2004 / 04/01/2004 - 05/01/2004 / 05/01/2004 - 06/01/2004 / 06/01/2004 - 07/01/2004 / 07/01/2004 - 08/01/2004 / 08/01/2004 - 09/01/2004 / 09/01/2004 - 10/01/2004 / 10/01/2004 - 11/01/2004 / 11/01/2004 - 12/01/2004 / 12/01/2004 - 01/01/2005 / 01/01/2005 - 02/01/2005 / 02/01/2005 - 03/01/2005 /


Powered by Blogger